Also known as the largest gaming convention in the southwest, SGC brings in an eclectic crowd of gamers from all across the country.
When: July 11-13
Where: Sheraton in Downtown Dallas
How Much: $30-$50
If you’re not a huge gamer – no worries! SGC has something for every type of gamer. When I went last year they even had an old-school arcade with games like Galaga and Street Fighter! If you’re more of a modern gamer, there’s plenty of stuff for you too! Some of the awesome fun stuff includes:
- A massive dealer room with up to 80 vendors.
- A huge main stage that can accommodate over 1500 attendees comfortably for large panels and concerts that is streamed live to the Internet!
- Two additional panel rooms which can each accommodate hundreds of attendees!
- An expansive game room and arcade featuring consoles across all generations and a robust lineup of arcade cabinets!
- Past guest speakers included YouTube celebrities and industry figureheads, such as; Adam Sessler, The Angry Video Game Nerd, Jim Sterling, and more!
- An open call for other gaming websites to compete in a “ScrewAttack vs the Internet”!
- The 8th annual Iron-Man of Gaming Tournament!
- Live concerts of amazing video game related bands and DJs!
- Table top gaming
This year SGC will even host a cosplay contest with prizes upwards of $500.
Additional information can be found on the SGC Facebook page.